Menu

We were snowed in from church this morning!

We had about 11 inches yesterday and last night. I went to leave for church this morning and got stuck, dh dug me out and then I got stuck again. So, I gave up. I have never been stuck in the snow before. Pretty exciting. I was supposed to sing on the worship team today too. It is so beautiful!!!

Wow! I love snow. I realized just this week that my chidren had NO frame of reference for snow. They didn't know what a toboggan or icicles were. They've never built a snowman or gone ice skating on a pond. I grew up with lots of snow and it made me kinda sad. So enjoy your snow!

We've had unbelievable high winds for the last 3 days but NO rain. I think it has rained all around us.

Well, Crissy, this time *we* are getting the snow! We got ice yesterday and last night, and now it's snowing on top of that. I'm loving it because we are staying home and not going anywhere! There's a couple inches down, adding up fast, and we might even get 4-6 inches, which would be a record for us. It's been so frigidly cold this past week that it's sticking really well, although it is a very dry, powdery snow because of the cold. Hooray! My husband and children are outside wallowing in it.

As I said yesterday in response to your "snow" post, I'm envious. (You prolly didn't read my reply because, as someone else so aptly noted, replying to threads in this format is like typing into a vacuum.:() I am so tired of temps in the 30s and slushy rain. Of course, when it really snows here, it's accompanied by major wind ~ and drifts that routinely prevent us from leaving the house. Nice if you like to be snowed in (which I do) ~ not nice if you're the farmer!:eek:

We have 3' drifts - no one can get in or out of our area. I've been on the phone most of today with the neighbors trying to get it worked out how we will get dug out of here. My dh had to park a half mile away and has been going back and forth with snowshoes. I love the snow but when accompanied by high winds it is terrible. This is all on top of an 18 inch base!

Dana

this afternoon ... and now there is almost a foot of new snow on it. We shoveled our deck just before dinner, got it all cleaned off and had to re-shovel 9 new inches of snow just now. It snowed an inch in the time we shoveled one side of the deck. I think it is going to be a snow day (snowed-in day) tomorrow!

Dana