Menu

Good apps for chores/school for kid use?

I have an iPod Touch and use it to help me with routines/chores, etc. All three of my children now have their own iPod Touch and I am looking for apps for them for chores and possibly for daily school work (a checklist, perhaps?) I was wondering if anyone here has found "must have" apps that you have your children use to help them stay on task. Thanks in advance!

Check out the Home Routines app. It's made for daily & weekly chore lists.

I actually have this app and really like it. I am trying to figure out if I should put it on my kids' iPods or put their routines on MY iPod or do it both ways . . . does that make sense? I am having trouble visualizing how to best use the app for the four of us. May I ask how you use it, Researcher?

If the kids are old enough, I don't see why you couldn't use it on their itouch as well as your own. My K'er doesn't use it but that's just because she doesn't have the reading proficiency needed. She still needs chore cards with pictures.

DS has his morning & evening chore routine on his. He also has a weekly task list for things to do in his room and bathroom. I suppose you could also make a daily list for school if you had a consistent list of things that you did on Mon, Tues, Wed, etc. Does that make sense?

If the kids are old enough, I don't see why you couldn't use it on their itouch as well as your own. My K'er doesn't use it but that's just because she doesn't have the reading proficiency needed. She still needs chore cards with pictures.

DS has his morning & evening chore routine on his. He also has a weekly task list for things to do in his room and bathroom. I suppose you could also make a daily list for school if you had a consistent list of things that you did on Mon, Tues, Wed, etc. Does that make sense?

Yes, this makes sense. Thank you. Do you keep a list of your son's chores on your device? What I am wondering is, how do you check up on his chores? Do you look at his device to see if he has completed them?

Thanks again!

I use istudiez pro for school. It's our "official school bell" and keeps our day running smoothly! :) Haven't thought about an app for chores--good idea! :)

Rootsnwings, could you share how you use iStudiez Pro? I have looked at it before but was unsure how to make it work for myself and three children. Thanks.

Yes, this makes sense. Thank you. Do you keep a list of your son's chores on your device? What I am wondering is, how do you check up on his chores? Do you look at his device to see if he has completed them?

Thanks again!

Currently, I have to look at his device to be sure. It is my understanding that the developer is working on the ability to sync between devices.

mamachanse: Homeroutines does not allow printing that I am aware of.

Rootsnwings, could you share how you use iStudiez Pro? I have looked at it before but was unsure how to make it work for myself and three children. Thanks.

I would love some input on this app too. :bigear: I could really see this working for us if I could type up the assignments on my mac and then sync it to his itouch. I don't know if that's possible though.