Menu

Girls HomeMaking curriculum - which one?

I am looking at buying a homemaking/home keeping curriculum/books for myself and also to use for training my daughter.

Does anyone know of what is the difference between :

Training Our Daughters to be Keepers at Home,

Far Above Rubies,

The Christian Charm Course & the

Pearables Home Economics series?

Thank you,

Sherid

Have you seen this one? It is free and looks great. I have it printed, but haven't done much with it. http://www.futurechristianhomemakers.com/

We also have Keepers of the Faith books. They are basically a book of ideas with a checklist of tasks to work on. There is a bit of information to get you started, but many activities will need another book or internet site to really get going. The older girls book (I think it's ages 7 and up) has more than you would ever get to. http://www.keepersofthefaith.com

How old is your daughter? I loved the beginning Pearables books for my little girls. I don't know about the books as they get older.

I like the Training your Daughters book but my oldest was not really impressed.

We have the Keepers At Home book and we are excited to start working through that this summer.

My oldest and I are going to read through Home Comforts this summer together as well.

Have you seen this blog: Raising Homemakers?

Edited by happyhomemaker25

Thank you all,

I have joined the Raising HomeMakers blog as well as looked up that great website about learning to teach homemaking. It looks brilliant :)

My daughter is still quite young - 5 yrs old. I am looking at the Keepers for the young girls.

Although my daughter is only 5 yrs old, I was raised with much homemaking skills so I am looking at educating myself too :)

Thank you again.