Menu

quick transcript course description question

For maths, do you give a description or is just the text enough? IOW, is the course title self descriptive enough to suffice or would you do as I did in the second example? I'm rying to make the course description sheet

as efficient, yet suitable, as possible. TIA!

Algebra I

Text: Introductory Algebra by Margaret Lial

Geometry

Points and Lines, Angles, Triangles, Parallel Lines, Perpendicular Lines, Quadrilaterals, Area, Similar Triangles, Symbolic Logic, Right Triangles, Circles, Constructions, Non-Euclidean Geometry, Solid Geometry, Geometry in Four Dimensions, Coordinate Geometry, Flawless (Modern) Geometry.

Text: Life of Fred Geometry by Stanley Schmidt

Geometry: Seeing, Doing, Understanding

Author: Harold Jacobs Publisher: W. H. Freeman; 3 edition ISBN-10: 0716743612

This text remains proof-based while providing a traditional approach to geometry with many sample problems within the lessons that are actual examples of SAT problems, and every chapter focuses on guided discovery to help students develop geometric intuition. Pre-Requisite: Algebra I.

Table of Contents: 1. An Introduction to Geometry 2. The Nature of Deductive Reasoning 3. Lines and Angles 4. Congruence

5. Inequalities 6. Parallel Lines 7. Quadrilaterals 8. Transformations 9. Area 10. Similarity 11. The Right Triangle 12. Circles 13. The Concurrence Theorems 14. Regular Polygons and the Circle 15. Geometric Solids 16. Non-Euclidean Geometries

That's what I'm thinking of doing.

Myra

Geometry

Text: Geometry, 2e, by Harold R. Jacobs.

This course covers a full range of Euclidean geometry topics including: points, lines, planes, rays, angles, congruent triangles, inequalities, parallel lines, quadrilaterals, transformations, area, similarity, the right triangle, circles, regular polygons, and geometric solids. An emphasis was placed on writing proofs.

Similar here but without the chapter numbers, just a list of topics. :)

Here was mine for Algebra 1:

Algebra I (1 credit)

Description: Beginning study of algebraic concepts, including: positive and negative numbers, set notation, graphing in the xy plane, unit conversion (English & Metric), ratio problems, factoring, percents, exponents, roots, radical expressions, statistics, probability, order of operation, simplifying & solving equations, and quadratic equations.

Materials: Algebra 1 (Saxon) with accompanying lectures on CD (Shormann)

HTH,

Brenda