Menu

? about The Elements by Ellen McHenry

Keniki

I've just started using this and I love it, except I wish there were some lesson plan suggestions. How did you schedule it? So far we're reading some and playing the game each day, but do we keep playing the first game until it's "mastered" or do we work on multiple games/activities at a time? or do the book on Monday and the games/activities the rest of the week?

I know there isn't probably a "right" or a "wrong" way to use it, but how do you do it?

What grade are you working with? Ds15 did it in 8th grade and did a chapter a week. He finished it in the first half of the year and went to the next part of the program for the second half. He is the type that doesn't like the extra games and stuff. Just the facts. I forsee when I use it with the next two, we'll do a lot of the games.

Ds is 6th grade. One chapter a week would seem about right, but that's only 8 weeks. I guess I was under the impression that it was a full semester. I'm not sure now where I got that idea, but that's what I was thinking. So you mostly just had your ds do the book?