Menu

Miquon blog posts and other helpful links...

Wow! I'm going to check these blogs out, too. Thanks! I just bought Miquon last night at our homeschool store. I forgot to buy the Lab Applications Manual or whatever that thingie is called. I'll have to go back and get it. :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for starting this thread. These links are great! I'm new to homeschooling and recently switched to Miquon with my 8-year old after crashing and burning with a worksheet-based program.

My son's first reaction to the cuisinare rods was "We used these in school. Boring!" He must have used them in class last year for one or two lessons with Everyday Math. If it at all resembles the math he experienced at public school, he wants nothing to do with it (thanks, school!).

We are getting to a point where we've worked enough from Miquon that he's been able to start to enjoy it. I can't believe I'm using a curriculum from the 70's, but that has to say something about it's effectiveness!

-Faith