Menu

Teaching Company--Mental Math

I ordered the Mental Math DVD on a whim thanks to those dang advertisements the company is always sending out. Just want to give a thumb's up to it! DS watched the first lecture yesterday, reluctantly, and is now continuing the series entirely on his own--not sure whether to stop him or not since he should be doing his work.:tongue_smilie: But he has learned some amazing tricks and was almost able to do some multiplication problems faster than DH yesterday, who is a math teacher but wasn't aware of some of these "secrets."

I ordered the Mental Math DVD on a whim thanks to those dang advertisements the company is always sending out. Just want to give a thumb's up to it! DS watched the first lecture yesterday, reluctantly, and is now continuing the series entirely on his own--not sure whether to stop him or not since he should be doing his work.:tongue_smilie: But he has learned some amazing tricks and was almost able to do some multiplication problems faster than DH yesterday, who is a math teacher but wasn't aware of some of these "secrets."

I really, really want this!!! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to show that it is still on sale. Did you buy it recently?

Yes, I think the sale ended on the 3rd or so. When I first heard about the company I couldn't beleive everyone was forking over so much money, but then I saw the sales. WOW! Sign up for their mailing list. I get notices about once a week, unfortunately their sales are very short, I think the last one was a 24 hour offer. I think I may need to put aside a "lecture fund."

• 3 weeks later...

I also ordered Mental Math on the same sale and "whim" as the OP! (I found a coupon code for $10 off any order, too, so it was like getting free shipping. Google "Teaching company coupon code".) I look forward to getting it. We have Joy of Mathematics, and love the professor's enthusiasm, although some of my kids aren't ready for that series. I'm going to have all who are 10 and above watch Mental Math with me.

Try this link. I just got an e-mail today that today is the last day for this particular sales event.

Also, try coupon code RNYR for $10 off your order. With this code, I got MM shipped for $39.95.

ETA -- I corrected the coupon code. The above code is correct.

Edited by milovaný

If you can't afford this video series, the book Secrets of Mathemagicians (by the same professor) is a great place to start for around 12 USD from Amazon. The TOC isn't too radically different, using the info boxes on the Mental Math page to guage the content...

Try this link. I just got an e-mail today that today is the last day for this particular sales event.

Also, try coupon code RYNR for $10 off your order. With this code, I got MM shipped for $39.95.

This link works! Thank you so much!:grouphug:

I couldn't get the RYNR code to work, but I got MRAF to work, .99 shipping!

Exactly what I did. I tried several other codes and they all made the price go back to original instead of sale price! :ohmy: Yikes! I was almost afraid to try another code, but RYNR worked. Whew!

• 1 month later...