Menu

Pianimals?

ChandlerMom

Anyone use(d) Pianamals? Did you stick with it? [i only see posts from a year or more ago.]

I have Vol 1 of Little Mozarts and the "Piano for little fingers", but neither is quite what I'm looking for. Pianimals looks like a nice, gentle intro to piano. I just want to know how it worked out for folks in practice! :)

Thanks!

:lurk5:

Anyone use(d) Pianamals? Did you stick with it? [i only see posts from a year or more ago.]

I have Vol 1 of Little Mozarts and the "Piano for little fingers", but neither is quite what I'm looking for. Pianimals looks like a nice, gentle intro to piano. I just want to know how it worked out for folks in practice! :)

Thanks!

My youngest uses Pianimals. I cannot believe how much he knows and can play from this program alone. My husband and I are NOT musical people!:tongue_smilie: So, I bought Pianimals hoping for it to be a building block for him. It has been wonderful!!

My piano teacher uses Pianimals to start off all of her younger piano students. It starts with numbering and then moves to learning notes. My dd started in the notes and never played with numbers.

The music tracks ensure that your student learns proper rhythm and also challenges them to work hard.

The songs are fun and interesting too.

I think anyone with basic piano knowledge can teach Pianimals.

Are the audio CDs necessary if you have a musical background? I feel perfectly capable of teaching rhythm and can play simple two handed songs on the piano. (My primary instrument is the clarinet and DH plays middle eastern drums.)

I think the CDs are just "accompaniment" and come (free) with the lesson books (A-D).

I think I'm going to give Pianimals a try:

http://www.pianimals.com/books.htm

Since they start with numbers, do they have stickers or something to put on the keys? I'm just curious how the numbers translate to the keyboard. We're looking for something to use with my preschooler (and we know nothing about piano....) but so many programs are so pricey! This one is very affordable.