Menu

All American History

AngelBee

Is this the series that so many MOH users are using after MOH3?

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=1655434&sp=1016&event=1016BIP%7C1482551%7C102656

Yes that is the one. It is by the same publisher, but the tone is more formal. The flow is also a little different from MOH, but still has most of the same components you would find in the main text. It doesn't have all the extras that MOH has now.

Heather

Yes that is the one. It is by the same publisher, but the tone is more formal. The flow is also a little different from MOH, but still has most of the same components you would find in the main text. It doesn't have all the extras that MOH has now.

Heather

Thanks. Have you used it at all? I have heard great things about it. I do love MOH, so I was thinking we may enjoy AAH too.

Can't wait til MOH4 is out!

Is this the series that so many MOH users are using after MOH3?

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/cms_content?page=1655434&sp=1016&event=1016BIP%7C1482551%7C102656

I would assume thats what they are talking about. Its published by the same company (Bright Ideas Press) and I use MOH and have AAH 1 & 2 so I would say yes :D AAH is a wonderful series!!!! Its 2 years worth though, vol 1 and vol 2

We used MOH 1 last year with dd and she loved it. We used the workbook but she hated that so next year when we do AAH2 we will not do that, just extra read alouds/supplemental reading.

Thanks. Have you used it at all? I have heard great things about it. I do love MOH, so I was thinking we may enjoy AAH too.

Can't wait til MOH4 is out!

I got your e-mail and I will send you the PDF's, once I get off the forums. ;) And figure out where I saved the file. :001_huh: It is in one of 3 folders..I think. Well I know where the original excel file is, so it isn't as if it is really lost. I can just print it to PDF again. I am just easily amused at my own forgetfulness.

No I haven't used AAH, yet. Generally I find that people who use it with younger kids find it tedious, and people who use it with older kids like it. Given my crowd is on the younger side I went with Betsy Mastro and If You Lived...books for the younger crowd and Guerber for my oldest.

I have since bought volume 1, so I can coordinate it with TOG and with MOH. I plan to use Guerber or Landmark with the younger kids and have my oldest do AAH independently. That is unless it takes us longer than 3 years to get to it, then I will just do AAH. :D It has only taken my 7 years to get through our first history cycle, so I don't know why I might be worried. :smilielol5:

The lessons in AAH are a little different. They are broken into Atmosphere, Event and Impact. I had originally assumed this coordinated to three lessons, but in looking through the text sometimes the amount of reading in each differs greatly. One could still do them over three days, but some days will be light on reading and some heavy.

The Student Activity book includes a CM/notebooking page on the topic, mapping, quizzes and ideas for taking the study further.

The TM has activities, timeline work, the places to map, games ideas for review, book lists broken down by age level (K-4, 5-8 and 9 and up), and answers to the quizzes, notebooking pages, mapping and further review ideas. It also has additional notboooking pages, then black and white pictures of the people covered, events, and flags covered for the notebooking pages. They could probably also double as timeline figures.

Yes, the day that MOH 4 comes out is going to be grand!

Heather

I got your e-mail and I will send you the PDF's, once I get off the forums. ;) And figure out where I saved the file. :001_huh: It is in one of 3 folders..I think. Well I know where the original excel file is, so it isn't as if it is really lost. I can just print it to PDF again. I am just easily amused at my own forgetfulness.

No I haven't used AAH, yet. Generally I find that people who use it with younger kids find it tedious, and people who use it with older kids like it. Given my crowd is on the younger side I went with Betsy Mastro and If You Lived...books for the younger crowd and Guerber for my oldest.

I have since bought volume 1, so I can coordinate it with TOG and with MOH. I plan to use Guerber or Landmark with the younger kids and have my oldest do AAH independently. That is unless it takes us longer than 3 years to get to it, then I will just do AAH. :D It has only taken my 7 years to get through our first history cycle, so I don't know why I might be worried. :smilielol5:

The lessons in AAH are a little different. They are broken into Atmosphere, Event and Impact. I had originally assumed this coordinated to three lessons, but in looking through the text sometimes the amount of reading in each differs greatly. One could still do them over three days, but some days will be light on reading and some heavy.

The Student Activity book includes a CM/notebooking page on the topic, mapping, quizzes and ideas for taking the study further.

The TM has activities, timeline work, the places to map, games ideas for review, book lists broken down by age level (K-4, 5-8 and 9 and up), and answers to the quizzes, notebooking pages, mapping and further review ideas. It also has additional notboooking pages, then black and white pictures of the people covered, events, and flags covered for the notebooking pages. They could probably also double as timeline figures.

Yes, the day that MOH 4 comes out is going to be grand!

Heather

Thank you for all the info! It is greatly appreciated! :)