Menu

science roots or vocabulary vine

We are going to be doing Abeka Biology next year through our co-op, would it be better to go ahead and do science roots (we start school in july and co-op in Sept) or just do vocabulary vine and not do the roots book? We are going to do the Vine book no matter what but since we are going to do biology this year with co-op would it be more of a help?

Opinions???

thanks

lori

Lori,

We did this a few years ago with Apologia, and I believe they were written to correspond directly with the Apologia modules. Since the students were going required to memorize the Biology vocabulary anyway for the Biology class, I thought it just made sense to go ahead and do the science roots. I think it helped in firming up the vocabulary, learning the actual roots and the scientific concepts to do it all combined. We did buy the preprinted cards that are available, and that helped expedite making them each week. For Abeka, you just might need to rearrange the order to correspond with the topics, but I imagine they are pretty similar.

I am doing it again next year with ds #2.

HTH,

Becky in TX

I agree with Becky. We used Science Roots with Apologia Bio and it worked beautifully. You may need to do a little rearranging but in my opinion it would be worth it. I also ordered the "partially completed" card and they helped to simply the process a little.