What's with the ads?

Photo

Are chills/shivering without a fever anything to worry about?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 CLHCO

CLHCO

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

My son (10yo) has had reoccurring incidents of shivering for the last 2 weeks, often without feeling cold and without a fever. I sometimes notice he's mildly pale - could be my imagination though- and/or has cold hands during these times, but otherwise, swears he feels just fine. I haven't figured out anything specific that could be causing this. It goes away after anywhere from 10-30 or so minutes, and he's back to normal.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried doing a google search and the only thing I got was either for fever (none), or reactions to medication (he isn't on any), vitamin deficiency (not likely - we eat pretty balanced and he takes a multivitamin), insect bites, etc. Hypothyroid is another, but he's a rather energetic child with no change there either, so it doesn't fit.

Any other thoughts?

#2 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42105 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

My son (10yo) has had reoccurring incidents of shivering for the last 2 weeks, often without feeling cold and without a fever. I sometimes notice he's mildly pale - could be my imagination though- and/or has cold hands during these times, but otherwise, swears he feels just fine. I haven't figured out anything specific that could be causing this. It goes away after anywhere from 10-30 or so minutes, and he's back to normal.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried doing a google search and the only thing I got was either for fever (none), or reactions to medication (he isn't on any), vitamin deficiency (not likely - we eat pretty balanced and he takes a multivitamin), insect bites, etc. Hypothyroid is another, but he's a rather energetic child with no change there either, so it doesn't fit.

Any other thoughts?

hypoglycemia?

#3 CLHCO

CLHCO

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

hypoglycemia?

That's a thought I hadn't considered. I'll do some looking and maybe call the nurse Monday.

What's with the ads?