Menu

9yo boy, another narration, unedited

EKS

This was in response to me asking him to tell me about the French Revolution but to leave out Napoleon because he would be writing about him separately. After he edits it, I will post the final version.

The French Revolution

The French Revolution was when France had its own revolution from 1789-1799. It was when the regular people in France got angry with the king, Louis XVI.

It all started when Louis XVI wanted to raise taxes. Since nobody had enough money to pay them (of course!), he had to host a wingding called “The Estates Generalâ€. There were three estates, the First Estate which hosted the church, the Second Estate which hosted the nobles, and finally the Third Estate which hosted everybody else. The Third Estate wanted a constitution, but XVI disagreed (of course!). The Third Estate wrote it anyway. XVI, after that, said that he agreed with the constitution, but that was just to make his people happy. He really wanted to run away to Austria, He wasn’t as successful as he thought. Since they brought a lot of luggage, brought his kingly carriage, and had his face on his check that he gave to a restaurant, he got stopped at the border. Okay, I just skipped something here, uh oh! Well, before that the Third Estate destroyed the Bastille. A Bastille was the French prison. Okay, we’re back on track! So he was beheaded by a new machine, the guillotine. Maximilien Robespierre was the leader of the guillotine, and beheaded everyone who HE thought was an enemy of the revolution. BAM! A priest was dead. SPLAT! A regular guy was dead. SPLASH! An obese farmer got guillotined. This was the Terror, a time when everybody got guillotined, because Robespierre thought they were enemies of the revolution. People were dying all over the place. Meanwhile, Robespierre had the so called “Committee of Public Safety†to attend to. Everybody in the Public Safety thought he would turn on THEM, but Robespierre got guillotined himself! The Terror was over!

And after that, a man named Napoleon was made First Consul of France. It will be in “Napoleon, the Wingnut,†my next essay.