Menu

How many cases of girls scout cookies can I fit in my van?

Someone has actually calculated this and put it in a book?! :laugh:

I bet more would fit - I've used a minivan to move from one house to another and we jammed that thing FULL of stuff.

Yep! GS cookies are definitely big business. I'm cookie mom for our troop and I received a handbook called the Volunteer Guide to a Successful Cookie Season!. It tells you how many cases of cookies will fit into each type of vehicle.

I'm betting you can get 100 in if you remove the seats, but I don't know that for sure. My husband removed the seats in our van not realizing I didn't need him to. I picked up 44 cases and they barely made a dent in the space I had available.

Hopefully someone else can say for sure.

Lisa

I have a Honda Odyssey, and just picked up cookies last night. With my back seat down, and not using the front seats, I fit about 80 cases. I think if you are using the front and really cram them in, 100 will fit. If you take out your middle seats (which I did not) I don't think you'll have any problem.

Our service unit is not allowing anyone to make multiple trips.

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard of! What genius thought up that rule? They sure make it complicated to volunteer your time and energy don't they?

Edited by Reecie

This is just a vent ---

I was our service unit cookie mom for YEARS -- and I bent over backward for people.

This year was the first year I wasn't and in my DD's troop they decided NOT to get prizes and get money instead.

Well, they didn't explain it well because they meant they WOULD get the early bird prizes (the ones you get if you meet an initial first order deadline) but they WOULDN'T get the prizes you get for the total sales.

My DD was just a few boxes short of getting the early bird prize, so few I would have ordered them just to get it.

Now, we don't NEED the prize and DD is old enough to not be disappointed. But when I think of all the phone calls and juggling I did to get girls up to the next level to receive a prize, it makes me mad that they didn't explain it well enough and that the cookie person told my DD as she was passing out the prizes..."OH, you were soooooo close!"

FWIW, in the 10-plus years I managed cookies, this was the FIRST time in this service unit that a troop took the money instead of prizes. I had no idea that NO PRIZES meant SOME PRIZES.

OK, vent over...