Menu

AP Chemistry online options

How have any of you done AP Chemistry? I see that PA homeschoolers has a class, but it is over 600 dollars. I'm already having both boys take AP Government which will be 800 total. Plus, they will both take Spanish at my local community college ( 300 total). If you didn't do an online class, how did you handle doing GOOD labs. I have the advanced Apologia Chemistry book ( I got it for a dollar when a store was getting rid of their homeschool stuff... got the teacher materials for another dollar) , but I don't mind buying other material since it didn't cost much. Any thoughts?

Christine

The PA Homeschoolers AP Chemistry class is through Chemadvantage. It is a fabulous class, with lots of interactive learning, a responsive teacher, and really good rigorous labs. I can't recommend it highly enough. It is expensive, but ds1 fulfilled his college's science distribution requirement with the 5 he got on the AP exam!

The PA Homeschoolers AP Chemistry class is through Chemadvantage. It is a fabulous class, with lots of interactive learning, a responsive teacher, and really good rigorous labs. I can't recommend it highly enough. It is expensive, but ds1 fulfilled his college's science distribution requirement with the 5 he got on the AP exam!

Gwen,

If I wanted to have 2 students take this course, would I need to enroll each of them or would it be possible for just one of them to actually enroll and the other one tag along and share the materials?

TIA!