Menu

Instant Netflix suggestions for the kids

Don't know if you'll like this one, but my girls just discovered The Munsters...the old black and white one! They think they're hilarious. Completely NOT scary, and wholly silly. Not every family likes monster stuff, though.

I've noticed more vintage TV series showing up, like Leave it to Beaver and Flipper, which might be a nice break from movies. Smaller viewing bites...

Avatar! Avatar! Avatar! It really is the best children's show ever made. Okay, that might be exaggeration... but only slightly.

I also second Shaun the Sheep, The Secret of Kells, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Ponyo, The Iron Giant...

My boys also watch Doctor Who reruns on Netflix with me. But that's because we're a Doctor Who-mad family.

A Town Called Panic.

"Suggests a fusion of “Toy Story’’ and “Fantastic Mr. Fox’’ as conceived by a pair of 10-year-old boys suffering from raging ADHD and an overdose of maple syrup." - Ty Burr, Boston Globe

Pretty much sums it up. It's in French with subtitles, but being able to read them is utterly unnecessary to this movie. My 3-year-old has watched it, mesmerized, twice. I would tell you the plot but it's laughably impossible to do so.

Mild language, only in that the English translation "Oh my God" is a little stronger than the French.

We discovered Shawn (Sean?) the Sheep around the holidays. LOVE IT!! Good for all ages and think it is just so clever. It's claymation similar to Wallace and Grommit.

The Rocky and Bullwinkle show is on there too.

We discovered Shaun while in the U.K. this summer and were delighted to find him on Netflix. You will have to Google to find out what "scrumping" means.

My boys also watch Doctor Who reruns on Netflix with me. But that's because we're a Doctor Who-mad family.

Another vote for Doctor Who -- it is DD's favorite show. My kids also like Beakman's World, Mythbusters, the animated Spiderman series they have, lots of the stuff that also airs on PBS, and National Geographic specials.

A Town Called Panic.

"Suggests a fusion of “Toy Story’’ and “Fantastic Mr. Fox’’ as conceived by a pair of 10-year-old boys suffering from raging ADHD and an overdose of maple syrup." - Ty Burr, Boston Globe

Pretty much sums it up. It's in French with subtitles, but being able to read them is utterly unnecessary to this movie. My 3-year-old has watched it, mesmerized, twice. I would tell you the plot but it's laughably impossible to do so.

Mild language, only in that the English translation "Oh my God" is a little stronger than the French.

This is what I was going to suggest. I saw all our other favorites listed (Shaun the Sheep, Secret of Kells, Ponyo, Avatar, etc, etc.). My 12yo's favorite phrase right now is "Tidy up your waffle!"

My 3yo loves it. My husband loves it. It's one I plan on buying.