Menu

(Crosspost) Starting Latin in Highschool. Could a student

Kimber

complete LC1 and LC2 in one year as a high school student and have that count as one credit for the year? I'm asking for another parent. Also, I asked on the highschool board but there isn't much as much traffic. Plus this is where I hang out. :cool:

Thanks

Brian Lowe (Memoria) told me LC 1 & 2 is equivalent to a semester of high school beginning Latin. He actually said it might be more than a semester at some schools. I think he said .5 credit would be appropriate. Call him to be sure. His mom wrote the program and owns Memoria.

I think I saw this same information on the Memoria Press forums.

complete LC1 and LC2 in one year as a high school student and have that count as one credit for the year? I'm asking for another parent. Also, I asked on the highschool board but there isn't much as much traffic. Plus this is where I hang out. :cool:

Thanks

If this is a high school student, then I'd suggest completing Units 1-7 in Henle, which does count as 1 year of hs Latin. If they are going to invest a year in Latin, then I'd want to make it count for something. :) There is an excellent Henle yahoo group, with very helpful people, many of whom are Latin teachers themselves.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I am using my store credit to buy these books as a gift for a friend. I didn't think the store carried Henle, but I called back and spoke to someone else. They do! So I'll just get Henle, it'll actually be cheaper than getting the LCI and II text.

Thanks again everyone. :)