Menu

Confusion over Foerster titles. . . help anyone?

I'm looking for continuing our math sequence after Foerster's Algebra I and Jacob's Geometry.

Are these the same books or not? Algebra and Trigonometry: Functions and Applications vs. Pre-Calculus with Trigonometry?

Any suggestions about where to buy Foersters Algebra II that's not going to break the bank? That is, student text, TE, Solutions manual and Tests.

Gotta run now. But this might help.

ETA: This was the thread I was thinking about.

Basically, the Trig in the Alg 2/Trig book can be skipped and covered in the Pre-Calc book. Alg 2/Trig-Trig comes before Pre-Calc. Did you know that Pre-Calc = Alg 3 + Trig? I learned that here.

Boy, I don't feel like I am making great sense tonight, but oh well.

For finding the books, I generally check AddALL with the ISBNs. I also check Follett

Now you are going to ask me for the ISBNs. Try here:

Foerster's Algebra 2 & Trig

What I heard was that it is recommended (by Paul Foerster?) to do chapters

1-12 in the Algebra and Trig. book, and then use the Pre-Calculus from the beginning.

Dd did both the Trig. portion of the Algebra 2 book (Algebra & Trigonometry) AND then I had her start the Pre-Calculus book from the beginning, definitely over-kill, and I won't do that to any of my other children.

HTH