Menu

D.I.V.E. science CDs with a text other than BJU or Apologia?

Yes, I'm doing this for both Bio and Chem. You have to correlat the book and the CD lectures on your own which can take some time. You have to look up the topic of the lecture and then find that topic in your text. WE do the correspinding lab that week too. I mapped out the whole yr ahead of time.

It doesn't appear that too many of the lectures refer back to prior knowledge. In other words, it doesn't seem to matter if you have to do them out of order. Ours are quite out of order.

Sometimes DIVE might go further in depth than the text or teach something that the text didn't include but that's fine with me.

I think he has internet sites listed on the syllabus so that one doesn't even need a textbook. He considers the CD a stand alone curriculum with the textbooks being supplementary. Here's a blurb from the site:

DIVE Science is a standalone curriculum supplemented with a variety of textbooks, and even the Internet. Choose from the following reading syllabi. Syllabi marked with an (*) are considered best for CLEP or AP exam preparation, and will have the heaviest reading load. Syllabi marked with an (**) are considered best for a rigorous high school curriculum. Syllabi that reference Internet sites for reading and definitions are the most affordable since no textbook purchase is required. While great care was taken in choosing kid-friendly Internet sites, parents should review each site for objectionable material.