Menu

Human Odyssey Our Modern World Scheduled with SOTW 3 and 4??

I put this on the other board, but will ask here as well:

Anyone have this scheduled out?? With all the schedules that are floating around on this board, I was hopeful that someone has put this together so I don't have to reinvent the wheel!! What would I do without this board!!

_

I use History Odyssesy and SOTW, but:

We are in ancients

My younger son is in SOTW and my 5th grader is using History Odyssesy Prehistory through Middle ages. I match them up week by week but I don't sweat it if they don't. I just do the best I can.

If you have both, I would just use chapter headings in SOTW and look stuff up in the index of HO. That's what I do. So far, so good.

Thanks Red Squirrel, but I was referring to HUMAN Odyssey. They get mixed up quite a bit on this board! :001_smile:

I did History Odyssey, Human Odyssey, and SOTW with my 4th and 6th grader this year for Middle ages and it worked great. Now, I just have to find someone that's gone before me with Amer. history!

Karie, I'm using K12HO (Human Odyssey) vol1, History Odyssey Ancients level 2, and my 2nd grader is using SOTW. Can you tell me how you meshed all these? WE're just in the beginning, heading into ANcient Egypt. It took us awhile to get through Sumer in K12HO as I've been teaching outlining as well. Also, my 2nd grader loved K12HO so I ended up reading it aloud so that makes it take longer.

My 11 year old son is doing History Odyssey, and my 9 year old son is doing SOTW. So, I meshed them together. If you email me at karieann67@hotmail.com, I can send you the excel file that I put together. Then I figured out where Human Odyssey went, too. Took a little while, that's why I was hoping someone else did this before me!

Edited by Karie

YEs, that has been my plan. History slowed to a crawl here but will be picking up next week. In the beginning there is some SoM questions but I think he will be able to answer them w/ K12HO once we're through all 6 chapters on Sumer. Who knew there was so much to say about Ancient Sumer? :lol: But my boys have enjoyed hanging out here for a bit and reading it together and discussing and I'm trying to channel SWB and not worry about the schedule.:001_huh: I think there is one map we might use from SoM and we'll just look at it online.