Menu

LC1 lesson plan

TryingWithTwo

I wonder if someone could share their lesson plan for LC1 with me.

My dd11 finished Prima Latina and the first 5 lessons of LC1 last year.

This year, however, we have hit a slump. I am confused trying to teach the subject. For instance, there isn't info in the student book regarding the Ablative case, etc. yet it appears in the teacher book. It also is in Ludere Latina. She can't finish the puzzles because she didn't study it in her student book. We have stopped at Lesson 8 until I can figure out what to do.

I should mention that I recently purchased the grammar charts and DVDs but have not used them yet. I do not want to give up!

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I hope I am understand correctly that this is Latina Christiana I, right?

We are almost done with LC I and my kids haven't covered anything in the ablative case. I am pretty sure that it was only in the teacher's manual to give the teacher a "heads up" and to explain the Latin rules of the cases. I actually went and did a little of my own reading about the cases so that it would make sense to me. I don't think the teacher's manual does a very good job of explaining the cases.

The only cases that my kids have worked with are the nominative and genitive. The genitive mainly to memorize the case ending. Hope this helps a little.

I agree with Tressa. It's been a while since we did LCI, so I pulled out the TM to have a look. The only context that I find the ablative mentioned is as an ending. Is your dd learning the endings and their cases? If so, I would think that's fine. :) Usage of the ablative case doesn't come up until LCII.

I'm not sure why there would be an ablative usage reference in Ludere Latina...perhaps it was an error.

Hope that helps. :) If you hit a snag, post here or at the Memoria Press forums. There are lots of Latin-proficient folks here and there.