Menu

If you HAD to chose from MOH 3 and AAH 2 before high school...

What would you chose and why? I am trying to figure out how to do both but my dd will be in 8th next year and I need to decide on 1 if I can not do both. (possibly going through summer I can do both? Not sure yet- I have to see how this year goes) She has not gone through the whole history cycle yet, she did ancients in 5th , AAH1 in 6th and is doing MOH 2 this year in 7th. We started homeschooling her when she started 5th.

In high school I am planning on MFW through highschool.

I would continue and complete MOH 3 & 4, which will give her a full cycle.

You can easily have History daily and get through all of the books by 9th grade. The other option is continue one book/grade, have a refresher course on ancients during the summer before 10th, and have her go right into the 2nd course for MFW for 10th.

Edited to Add: You could even have her re-read MOH I in her spare time over the summer before 10th? Just a thought.

What would you chose and why? I am trying to figure out how to do both but my dd will be in 8th next year and I need to decide on 1 if I can not do both. (possibly going through summer I can do both? Not sure yet- I have to see how this year goes) She has not gone through the whole history cycle yet, she did ancients in 5th , AAH1 in 6th and is doing MOH 2 this year in 7th. We started homeschooling her when she started 5th.

In high school I am planning on MFW through highschool.

I personally would prefer to do MOH, but at the same time the fact that she hasn't finished American history bugs me. I know you will cover it all again in High School, but just for cultural literacy I would probably do AAH 2, then consider buying the MOH 3 audio CD when they come out (Linda said it would be before MOH 4 was published) just to listen to for fun.

I wouldn't push to do both in 8th grade. High School yes, 8th grade, no.

Heather

I would do AAH 2. I think that world history will be covered quite extensively if you do MFW in high school. America's point of view in world historical events will probably be mentioned in those studies, but nothing like if you are studying American History.

I would just stop, focus on AAH2 and then start the cycle in high school with Ancients.

Without doing AAH, she doesn't get that strong background in American history. I personally think a student really needs to focus on America for a year or two, at some point in middle school/high school.