Menu

Men's razor question...

Tap

Ds16 needs a razor. He only has a bit of hair on his upper lip and that is pretty much what his father had until his 20s. I don't think his father even needed to shave daily until after ds was born at 22yo.

I have bought all of dhs razors since we were teens, so he isn't any help in picking one out.

There are so many on the market now, I don't really know what is good to buy. Does fine hair make it easier or worse to shave? Can I get by with an inexpesive but 'good reviewed' model.....or should I really look into the $100 price range.

I have heard that a problem with foil shavers is that they only get hair that is standing up....would it be better to go with a rotary head due to this? It seems like this would be more likely for someone who won't need to shave daily and has more of a heavy body hair instead of rough whiskers.

He also has a bit of acne....is one style better that others for that? I was thinking that one that is easier to clean would be important to keep the bacteria under control.

For dh I went to the store and just bought what looked like it would work, I am buying ds's on Amazon and the reviews are making me crazy.

Well, it's hard to know for sure without knowing/seeing him, but his facial hair situation sounds just like my DS's. I bought him one of those facial hair trimmers. Let me go see what it's called...

Okay, it looks like a silver pen, and it says "Remington." I think I bought it at Target.

Honestly, I felt like an actual razor was overkill for him. He only has a little bit of hair above his upper lip, and he only has to use this every few days--about twice a week. I'm guessing that'll be his situation for at least a few more years...