Menu

Would this 'bug' you? WHY does it bug me?

That type of saying has always grated on my nerves!

When I was a kid I was expected to do chores and I expect the same from my kids. They don't complain very often, especially when I get imaginative and make the chores fun. Who doesn't want to be polishing their treasure (aka washing the dishes)?

Instead of it being a cut to moms, you can translate it as "Take care of yourself, because we can't love you enough to take care of you like your mom does."

Is that a stretch?!;)

I don't think that's a stretch at all. To me, it says, "You must take 100% responsibility for yourself here because your usual back up/overseer is not here to check your work and make sure you do what you're supposed to do." Or, better yet, "Heads up. You're on your own."

My guess is that the sign isn't directed at *your* dd. It is directed at those kids who are used to having their moms cleaning up after them. Your dd is used to cleaning up after herself, so she can just ignore the sign.

It wasn't directed at you either, since obviously *your* mom isn't there. So, just ignore the sign.

It's like going to a park that has a sign saying, "Keep your dog off the grass". If you don't have a dog, you can ignore the sign. If you don't have a messy daughter, you can both ignore the sign.