Menu

First Form Latin Questions

Can you use the program without the CD and use the Classical pronunciation? I look at the structure and it just looks doable. But my dd cringes every time she hears the ecclesiastical pronunciation.

For those who use it as an independent study is it still going well? I would like it to be independently, but at least it looks like I can limp along and teach it if I had to (scripted enough in the TM).

Heather

Yes & yes. My dd HATES the ecclesiastical pronunciation & refuses to use it on certain words.

Dd could do the program completely independently, but on Mondays I usually teach the new material & run through the review questions at the back of the book just to make sure that she's getting everything before she starts the week's work. I do have her read the new chapter before we get together so that she can ask any questions or let me know if she has no idea what's going on. That's not generally a problem though since it's a very steady pace with lots of review built in.

We started with LFC and my dd still used classical pronunciation with FF. I told her it didn't matter and she could choose. There may be one or two instances where the book asks what sound ae makes (or something similar)...my dd wrote both. It hasn't been an issue...except that she is certain ecclesiastical isn't quite right, lol.

Carolyn