Menu

Math question for Algebra 1

My dd is in Chalkdust pre-algebra this year and its going good. She doesnt like it but I dont know that she will ever "like" math. Just because I told her I would be open minded and look around, what would you recommend for a very visual/hands on learner for Algebra 1? I have Discovering Mathematics and although she will not admit that it looks interesting I have seen her checking it out a few times when she didnt think I saw :D but is there anything else you would recommend? I need hand holding just because I am not very confident teaching upper level math. That may change once I actually start but for now Im nervous :001_unsure: TIA

I have not used Discovering Algebra, but am currently using Discovering Geometry which is in the same series though it has a different author.

I have been very pleased with DG. It is more hands-on than most Geometry programs. The instruction is very clear. There is review with each section. The solutions manual is fairly thorough (proofs can be completed a number of ways, but they only show one, but that's not an issue with Algebra usually). If you wish to give quizzes and tests, the Assessment book is very easy to use. The TM (if you choose to purchase it) tells you what problems to assign and gives answers to all problems (not worked out solutions like the solution manual).

Discovering Algebra by Key Press

Can anyone review Discovering Algebra An Investigative Approach?

HTH!