Menu

Would it be crazy to do R&S AND MCT???

We are using Rod & Staff English 5 this year and are very happy with it. I really want to stick with it because I feel like it teaches grammar very well (which I need) and it's working so well for us. But I keep feeling myself pulled toward MCT, and so many people seem to love it.

I'd love to do MCT Voyage next year, but as I said - I don't want to give up R&S. Would it be way too much for us to do both? I think if I did MCT I'd want to use the whole program (I think there are 4 books?).

Also, for those of you who have used both, does Voyage seem the right place to start ater R&S 5? He can write a fairly decent paragraph right now.

Thanks!

LOL! The reason we switched to MCT was because Rod & Staff was soooo dry for us :ack2:. I would rather clip the lawn with scissors than do R&S - but we love MCT. You wouldn't find me combining the two. If you're happy with R&S, I would say to stick with it because it is a good program that yields good results. MCT is time consuming and at our level we don't have the extra time to do two programs.