Menu

What's your "pick me up" for a "blah" day?

Think of one thing to do (the smaller the bettter) that will really make you happy (to do or have), then make it happen. Play chess with your child? Clean the fridge. Take a walk alone or with just one child or load everyone in the car to look at Christmas lights. Or read the paper. Or don't read the paper and take a nap. Call an old, old friend. Bring someone in your house a yummy snack and share it.

But going to bed early ALWAYS works.

Often, if there's no apparent cause for it, I just have to wait it out. I'm usually fine the next day (or the one after that.)

But if there's a cause for it, then you can work on fixing it. Messy house making you crabby? Clean one little area (if you can't do the whole thing), or just spend 10 minutes in each room making a dent in it.

Arguing kids? Send them to different rooms.

Feeling sorry for yourself? Call a fun friend who makes you laugh.

Crabby because you didn't get enough sleep? Take a 20 minute nap.

Etc.

For me I start cleaning. I know it may sound silly but it usually helps lift my spirits; probably because it's the state of the house that has gotten me in such a bad mood too beging with! :lol:

Oh that is so me! I am a clean freak, which is torture most of the time for me, with a 1st grader, pre-schooler, and toddler underfoot all day, and a pack-rat for a husband. I think what frustrated me the most this afternoon was that I *wanted* to clean to try and help settle my mood, but knew it would be an effort in futility until the kids are in bed. I cannot go to sleep with a messy house. :P

Thank you for all of the ideas ladies. :) I ended up going the "comfort food" route and canceled our "healthy dinner" plan in leiu of nachoes. :D My DH also put on a Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert to watch while we ate (beautiful music -especially Christmas music- is deffinitely a mood-booster for me) and I'm feeling much better. :001_smile: