What's with the ads?

Photo

What's your "pick me up" for a "blah" day?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 Xuzi

Xuzi

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2351 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

I'm having one of those "blah" days. You know, where you feel crummy and tired and short tempered and just generally out-of-sorts for absolutely no apparent reason what so ever (and even PMS isn't to blame).

What do you do?

#2 regentrude

regentrude

Qualified Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14138 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:16 PM

if it's sunny, outside exercise.
If it's cold and miserable, a cup of nice herbal tea - or a nap.

#3 Crissy

Crissy

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6423 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

I'm not good at successfully turning around a bad day, so I usually just go to bed early.

#4 Jean in Newcastle

Jean in Newcastle

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40886 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

I call my sister and we chat. I try very hard not to make into a vent but try to just enjoy what's going on in her life.

Herbal tea and /or a nap work for me too.

A really good escapist book - personally I like the mystery cozies. My dh calls them my "vacation".

#5 Diane in CO

Diane in CO

Hive Mind Royal Larvae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:26 PM

What about a hot bubble bath with soft music/good book and a cool beverage of your choice (I prefer a pina colada or ice cold coke but that is just me ;)) Sometimes just taking a bit of time out to pamper myself really works wonders.

Hope you feel better soon!

Diane

#6 yellowperch

yellowperch

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

Think of one thing to do (the smaller the bettter) that will really make you happy (to do or have), then make it happen. Play chess with your child? Clean the fridge. Take a walk alone or with just one child or load everyone in the car to look at Christmas lights. Or read the paper. Or don't read the paper and take a nap. Call an old, old friend. Bring someone in your house a yummy snack and share it.

But going to bed early ALWAYS works.

#7 fairfarmhand

fairfarmhand

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6587 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

nap

#8 Pretty in Pink

Pretty in Pink

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4988 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:31 PM

Exercise. Fresh air. Nap.

#9 mcconnellboys

mcconnellboys

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10763 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

Stay in sweats and eat whatever I want while drinking wine (in the evening) and watching worthless television. Maybe take a long, hot bath with Dead Sea salts (while drinking wine)....

#10 TheCoffeeChick

TheCoffeeChick

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1601 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:31 PM

Coffee and a good book, snuggled up on the couch all day. :)

#11 Parrothead

Parrothead

A Gypsie in the Palace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26093 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

Can of Mt. Dew, chili-mango Jellie Bellies, and if I can find some anywhere in the house chocolate. A good book or a good thread here helps too.

#12 Denise in Florida

Denise in Florida

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2250 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:39 PM

Starbucks! This is my happy place.:001_smile:

#13 Sophia

Sophia

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2237 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

If it's early in the day, go to the gym.

If it's gotten late (after dinner) curl up on the couch with a glass of wine, cheese, salted almonds and my Nook.

#14 A home for their hearts

A home for their hearts

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2775 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

For me I start cleaning. I know it may sound silly but it usually helps lift my spirits; probably because it's the state of the house that has gotten me in such a bad mood too beging with! :lol:

#15 zaichiki

zaichiki

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3097 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Sweets! Preferably not the healthy kind. :D

#16 Garga

Garga

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5001 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

Often, if there's no apparent cause for it, I just have to wait it out. I'm usually fine the next day (or the one after that.)

But if there's a cause for it, then you can work on fixing it. Messy house making you crabby? Clean one little area (if you can't do the whole thing), or just spend 10 minutes in each room making a dent in it.

Arguing kids? Send them to different rooms.

Feeling sorry for yourself? Call a fun friend who makes you laugh.

Crabby because you didn't get enough sleep? Take a 20 minute nap.

Etc.

#17 katemary63

katemary63

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

For me, it's time in the barnyard. Huggin' on a dog, horse or goat can make me happy in a flash. But right now, I'm disabled and can't make it down there. I've had a hard time figuring out what to do to pick myself up now. I can't even walk most of the time. :(

#18 Xuzi

Xuzi

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2351 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:49 PM

For me I start cleaning. I know it may sound silly but it usually helps lift my spirits; probably because it's the state of the house that has gotten me in such a bad mood too beging with! :lol:

Oh that is so me! I am a clean freak, which is torture most of the time for me, with a 1st grader, pre-schooler, and toddler underfoot all day, and a pack-rat for a husband. I think what frustrated me the most this afternoon was that I *wanted* to clean to try and help settle my mood, but knew it would be an effort in futility until the kids are in bed. I cannot go to sleep with a messy house. :p

Thank you for all of the ideas ladies. :) I ended up going the "comfort food" route and canceled our "healthy dinner" plan in leiu of nachoes. :D My DH also put on a Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert to watch while we ate (beautiful music -especially Christmas music- is deffinitely a mood-booster for me) and I'm feeling much better. :001_smile:

What's with the ads?