Menu

Book a week in 2011.... We're doing it all over again. Who is game?

Hey gang. We are going to do it all over again in 2011. If you didn't join in last year, now is your chance. The goal is to read 52 books in 52 weeks. I'm going to be having some mini challenges within the challenge. 12 Classics in 12 weeks, a mind voyages challenge reading science fiction and fantasy and whatever else my devious mind can think of.

The challenge run as follows

1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.
  2. Our book weeks will begin on Sunday.
  3. Participants may join at any time.
  4. All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
  5. Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2011.
  6. Books may overlap other challenges.

Easy peasy. Come join in the fun.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will have to wear the cone of shame if I fail??

Nope, no cone of shame

I'd love to join in. Am I allowed to if I'm not doing well on my 2010 challenge? (I think I'm only 15 books behind now....:) )

Yes, you are allowed. At least you were reading and trying for the 52 goal.

Then do we check in weekly to report what we've read? Tell me how this all works. I'm excited about it!

Yep, I post a thread every Sunday along with a post on the 52 books blog where folks can link to their reviews if they do reviews.

I will try it, but I warn you in advance, I will fail miserably! :D

No failure in trying, just have fun

I'm going to try!

I've increased my reading time since purchasing my Nook Color, so I may be able to keep up :001_smile:.

Love, love, love my nook

Robyn,

I'm playing again in 2011 cause I loved doing it this year! I've been far more deliberate about creating reading time. Thank-you!!

Do you think you'll have the mini-challenges outlined before Jan 1?

Are you going to do a 2010 re-cap?

Um, a re-cap. *gulp* Probably. I'll try to have the mini challenges figured out before jan 1. Sometimes I get an idea and throw it in with the weekly post but right now, know for sure will being doing classics and science fiction/fantasy. If anyone has any ideas, throw them in the hat.

OK, if Korin will give it a go, I'll try too. Do read-alouds and science textbooks count? :tongue_smilie:

Homeschool books don't count.

Jackie

I would like to do this!

Do kids chapter books count, or is it only adult books? I do a lot of prereading of chapter books for my kids. I am also doing the self education through TOG (read 1 level above your oldest student) by reading the Dialectic books...so again kids books. Would these count?

They really need to be young adult or adult books. But of course it depends on the book. If it's long such as harry potter, etc, then count it. Magic tree house books and such like those, no. Don't have any idea what the Dialectic books are. I need some enlightenment, please. :)

I want to join in the fun! Do I need to 'officially' sign up somewhere, or just join the weekly threads and share? I'm looking forward to this! :D

Hopefully, being somewhat accountable will keep me on track and force me to read. It's my favorite pastime, but one I keep pushing aside. :glare:

I guess I should start working on a list of things I've been meaning to read.... :auto:

Hey gang. We are going to do it all over again in 2011. If you didn't join in last year, now is your chance. The goal is to read 52 books in 52 weeks. I'm going to be having some mini challenges within the challenge. 12 Classics in 12 weeks, a mind voyages challenge reading science fiction and fantasy and whatever else my devious mind can think of.

The challenge run as follows

1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011.

2. Our book weeks will begin on Sunday.

3. Participants may join at any time.

4. All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.

5. Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2011.

6. Books may overlap other challenges.

Easy peasy. Come join in the fun.

Count me in! This was so much fun...and I even made my quota IF I include the full length books I read to my kids...LOL! (I only counted the ones with chapters and over 150 pages...:D)

~~Faithe

I'm in - do you know what the first mini-challenge will be? I may try to keep up with those this year.

I'm working on it. I'm joining in on a couple challenges - The Ireland reading challenge and new author reading challenge so probably will include something along those lines as well as the classics and sci fi. Will work on it this week and come up with a plan and let you know what the first mini challenge of the year will be next week.