Menu

Well, I did it...

kfeusse

I bit the bullet and bought Nancy Larson's Science....now that I actually did it, I feel so much better...yes, it was expensive, but I think it will be worth every penny and I will report back later as to how it is going. Now, I am just stalking the mailman!!

Oh cool! What are the ages of your children? The only thing stopping me from buying is my son, who is 9. I'm sure he would enjoy it but I'm not sure if it's enough? I don't even know what enough looks like. :001_huh: Anyways, I hope to make a decision soon.

Oh cool! What are the ages of your children? The only thing stopping me from buying is my son, who is 9. I'm sure he would enjoy it but I'm not sure if it's enough? I don't even know what enough looks like. :001_huh: Anyways, I hope to make a decision soon.

#3 is recommended for ages 8-11.:001_smile:

Can I ask you why you chose this science curriculum? I'm trying to choose a science curriculum too, and I'm just wondering what finally made you choose Nancy Larson over all of the others?

The main reasons I chose this curriculum over others was that I liked how scripted everything is and how nearly everything you need is already there. I live in a rural area and needing to go and buy stuff is pretty hard...if not impossible. I am not super competant with science and having it all put together...words and materals will help me make science come alive (I hope). Oh, our library isn't that great and it costs me to do interlibrary loan...does that answer your question??

my children are 6,8 and 10. I bought level 1. I am certain that the first level will be below my 10 year old...but I have been emailing a gal who is really good at enriching this program for her older child too...so I am borrowing ideas from her. The people at nancy Larson also told me that the next levels (whe we get there, will be just fine for my older child)..so if we choose to go further, I feel like we will be ok. I also think the "cool" things in the box will keep he interests...the butterfly house, the ladybug house, the x-rays of the human body, etc. We even did the blutterfly thing last year on our own...and I am certain, she will be thrilled to do it again...she asks if we are going to sometime...so, that is cool.

my children are 6,8 and 10. I bought level 1. I am certain that the first level will be below my 10 year old...but I have been emailing a gal who is really good at enriching this program for her older child too...so I am borrowing ideas from her. The people at nancy Larson also told me that the next levels (whe we get there, will be just fine for my older child)..so if we choose to go further, I feel like we will be ok. I also think the "cool" things in the box will keep he interests...the butterfly house, the ladybug house, the x-rays of the human body, etc. We even did the blutterfly thing last year on our own...and I am certain, she will be thrilled to do it again...she asks if we are going to sometime...so, that is cool.

Great! I might have a few questions when I decide to order it. I think my ds would also enjoy all the cool things that come in it.