Menu

Have your kids had issues with their DSs not playing games?

My dd's DS is two years old (Christmas present in 2008) but we're having issues with it playing games. :glare: I've contacted Nintendo, and even sent it in for "repair" this past spring. They sent it back stating that there was nothing wrong with it except that it needed a good cleaning and mailed it back to me with a cleaning kit.

We use the cleaning kit regularly but the games still do not play. :( There appears to be some sort of build-up of green on the contact points. My dd is very careful with hers- it is never near water (never been wet) or in moist environments. She takes care of her games and always keeps the DS it its case.

It's frustrating because we buy her games but she's unable to play them because the DS won't read them. We're over the warranty period now and I don't know if we just need to suck it up and buy her a new one? One year seems like such a short time for something that a) was not played with that intensely and b) was well taken care of. :confused:

We rarely have that problem (maybe once or twice), but one of my dd's DS's freezes about 1/3rd of the time she's playing it.

Can I ask what they cleaning kit they sent you contained?

I've been tempted to buy a new one, I saw them on sale on Black Friday for $89.....but we just can't spare that right now for a toy.

We rarely have that problem (maybe once or twice), but one of my dd's DS's freezes about 1/3rd of the time she's playing it.

Can I ask what they cleaning kit they sent you contained?

I've been tempted to buy a new one, I saw them on sale on Black Friday for $89.....but we just can't spare that right now for a toy.

Not much. I was really quite disappointed with it. There were 2 different types of brushes to clean the games and the inside of the DS itself and a case to hold them. :rolleyes: They did claim that it was supposed to help tremendously. :001_huh: