Menu

Bravewriter vs Writeshop

kanagnostos

I'm considering Bravewriter (Writer's Jungle) or Writeshop for ds11.

Here's a little background on him: He is a VERY reluctant writer, moans and groans at the mention of doing some writing. However, he really enjoys taking a sentence and using synonyms to rewrite it into something as silly as possible. And a little background on me: I, as a writing teacher, am clueless. Yes, I'll admit it. I really have no idea how to teach writing. We've tried IEW and CW-Homer (I know, opposite ends of the spectrum in some ways). Writing just does not get done. He dreads it and I dread it.

So, while I'm reading threads about these 2 programs, I'm looking forward to any help I can get from the hive!

Here's a little background on him: He is a VERY reluctant writer, moans and groans at the mention of doing some writing.

And a little background on me: I, as a writing teacher, am clueless.

We used Write Shop for 6th-7th-8th grade. You may read my review here. I really liked WS because both ds and I are reluctant writers and WS gave the both of us all the explicit direction we needed.

My sense of the Writer's Jungle is that it's great for those who are natural or intuitive writers.