Menu

Science kit for Christmas?

I can't comment on the two you mentioned since I have never used those kits, but I WILL say that I will probably never buy any T&K kits again after splurging on the 2000 set. The directions for the experiments are written in paragraph form and are not well-written either. It was an exercise in frustration for my oldest who loves and enjoys science.

I can't comment on the two you mentioned since I have never used those kits, but I WILL say that I will probably never buy any T&K kits again after splurging on the 2000 set. The directions for the experiments are written in paragraph form and are not well-written either. It was an exercise in frustration for my oldest who loves and enjoys science.

Eek! Good to know. Ds really wants one of their physics sets for Christmas.

:iagree:

T&K kits look awesome, but in my house, they don't get used much (and we LOVE science and science kits).

I also haven't used the kits you are linking to, but our experience with some of the others hasn't been great.

Ditto here. The T&K kit didn't go over well. Snap circuits was a TERRIFIC present, got played with a ton. In fact, I was just looking at the Home Science Tools catalog and noticing the next level of electronics kit they have.http://www.hometrainingtools.com/electronics-lab-130-in-1/p/EL-LAB130N/ It comes in a few levels and price points and says ages 12+. You could either go with that or snap circuits. Maybe do Snap Circuits this year and the electronics lab next. :)