Menu

Do newborn baby clothes fit a standard-sized doll?

If she wasn't a preemie, you probably won't have much luck with the AG baby doll. You could look into the more realistic baby dolls though (like perhaps Berenguer).

Bitty Baby (the AG baby doll) is a 16" doll. It is proportioned differently than a real baby quite a bit. (I have sewn for BB using Kwik Sew newborn size patterns and had to take quite a lot from the torso length.)

Preemie fits my Bitty Baby pretty well as you can see in the picture. I bought a few preemie size clothes so the doll could match my (definitely not preemie) little boy. I'm a dork, I know.

I saved some of my boy's clothes for his large teddy bear, which wears 3-6 mo. clothes, so you might consider that as well.

post-1589-13535084181181_thumb.jpg

post-1589-13535084181181_thumb.jpg

We have one doll that fits newborn sizes. I don't know what size she is, but she is the large 'water baby' that was popular years ago. She is filled with air, but dd4 really loves that thing. :)

Our Chou Chou dolls take preemie sizes. I do watch the sizes because some preemie is realllllly small.

I buy preemie clothes at the second hand store for $3-4 instead of the $12-15 per outfit for doll clothes. They are washable and more sturdy.

• 1 year later...