Menu

Transcript software-Transcript Pro vs Edutrack

It's really easy to use. You name your courses, plug in your student's grades and then you pick which one of two transcripts you want. Prints out very professionally, Name, address, name of school, SSN, etc. The only draw back is that it can't do weighted grades for determining GPA. The school my dd is going to wanted unweighted and weighted grades. The unweighted part was no problem but I had to figure out by hand what her weighted grade was. It wasn't that hard to do just would have preferred to not have to do it.

but now that other homeschool software is out there (such as Home School Tracker), I would recommend those or Transcript Pro. I have all of my records on Edu-Track; otherwise I'd switch.

The one major problem I see with Edu-Track is the lack of "weighted" grades and assignments. When you enter a grade into your records, they're all weighted the same---tests, quizzes, labs, etc. There's no way that a short, 10-question quiz is worth the same "weight" as a final exam. So---you have to figure out the weight of each assignment on your own.

I'd recommend something else. I've written to Edu-Track several times about this problem, and they tell me they're working on it. I've yet to see an upgrade or update that will allow me to do this, however.