Menu

UCCP Biology - online course but no labs

A little background: My niece, a sophomore, is now living with us. She is enrolled, along with my daughter, a freshman, in a charter school program in which they take several classes at the school, and do several classes as independent study. It is called a "home school charter" program. Currently, she is taking the licensed version of the online UCCP Biology course. The one drawback to this otherwise excellent course is that they have no wet labs available. She is completing the "web labs" add-on to the program. My understanding is that without completing wet labs, this course is not acceptable for admission to UCs or to CSUs. Her counselor at the school told me that some kids have just put "UCCP Biology" on their transcripts, and the class was accepted by university admissions, but if they decide to look more deeply at the contents of the class, they would likely not accept it as completing the science requirement.

My questions (finally!): Does anyone here have any experience using the UCCP science classes for completing lab science requirements for college entry? And/or are there any stand-alone biology wet lab programs available that could be completed at home which would fulfill the wet lab requirement?

TIA!

Edited by Zanyan

• 4 months later...