Menu

Netflixers: if you lost BOTH the white sleeve AND the red envelope . . .

and had to send it back in an envelope to the San Jose center, how long did it take to get a new movie?

I mean . . .

It's not as if *I* really need to know . . .

er . . .

Dear Board, I have a friend, let's call her Dingbat, and, as it turns out, poor silly girl, she' lost her sleeve AND envelope. She is sending the DVD back per the instructions at the website but wonders how long it will take to get a new movie. Also, she wonders if there will be a Ignoramous Tax or Fine levied against her.

So glad I'm not that goofy.

To expedite things, try this (and, this is heresay, you know.......:lol::lol::lol:.....because I have never put 3 DVDs wearing only their netflix protective slip in the mailbox - NEVER! :lol::lol::lol:)

You can go to your account on the netflix site, look for some kind of 'want to report a problem' page. Find the one that says you returned a DVD and you expected them to have received it already, and they will go ahead and send out your next one(s) and let you know when the wayward DVD does in fact show up.

HTH

I er I mean my friend has done this before and not really had to wait any longer. I think Netflix expects dingbats, I mean one of the biggest marketing is no fees. So they are marketing to people who have a problem turning things in on time-so most likely said people will also lose sleeves etc.

I er I mean my friend has done this before and not really had to wait any longer. I think Netflix expects dingbats, I mean one of the biggest marketing is no fees. So they are marketing to people who have a problem turning things in on time-so most likely said people will also lose sleeves etc.

:iagree:but no one on this board would ever do that.;)

On our first ever return I didn't realize the sleeve was supposed to be in so that the barcode showed through the slot. Yeah, duh! It took at least a week to get the next dvd. Normally it takes 3 days for the entire transaction.

I've made sure that the Netflix "spot" in our house is on the shelf next to the phone. When a new one comes in, that's where it goes. When someone takes the movie out, the envelope and sleeve stay in the spot. It has really helped keep track of those things. And it has kept dd from sending one of our own dvd's in the envelope. :glare: If you accidently send one of your own, they won't send it back, y'know. They just figure you're sending 2 in 1 envelope because you lost your other envelope even though you couldn't have because you're one of the only people on the planet who has one-at-a-time subscription. *sigh*

Cinder

We sent one of our own disks in and we got it back with a note that said "oops, it doesn't look like this is our disk".

Lucky for you. I actually called and they said if they carry that title, it would just get filed in their system. Ds is highly annoyed that part of his Hogan's Heroes set is missing.

Maybe your disc was one they don't carry? Or their system is better now?

Cinder

I've noticed that lately all the disks have had a sticker with a bar code around the center hole. I suspect that's to help keep track of which disks came from where even if no white sleeve comes back with the disk.

I think that the bar-code stickers on the disks might also explain why some people got their own disks back and some didn't. Maybe the ones who didn't get theirs back sent them back before the bar-code stickers were on the Netflix disks?

Guest mrsjamiesouth
On our first ever return I didn't realize the sleeve was supposed to be in so that the barcode showed through the slot. Yeah, duh! It took at least a week to get the next dvd. Normally it takes 3 days for the entire transaction.

Cinder

I never put the barcode in right and they get them and mail them back to me jsut fine.

If I mail them out on Monday I will get new movies on Wednesday. I love how fast the return is here.