Menu

Memorable quote from a movie?

Another from Tommy Boy:

Tommy wearing a jacket way to small from him swinging his arms side to side singing: "Fat guy in a little coat....fat guy in a little coooat."

hahaha:smilielol5:

When Harry Met Sally (#1 Favorite Movie)

makes me:crying:

Harry Burns: I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

Dh and I were talking last night about people's response about homeschooling, "Oh, I can't homeschool. I don't have the patience."

I reminded him of watching the movie Evan Almighty. What Morgan Freeman (God) said was so profound (to me).

God: "Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"

I cried, when I heard that.

God gives me plenty of opportunities to be patient. I'm still learning. :001_smile:

**Do you have a memorable quote, from a movie, you want to share?

This is exactly what my mom told me when I was a kid. So I'd catch myself praying for patience, then realize what I'd done, & immediately start back-tracking: "No, no, no, God. Nevermind. I don't want patience!!!" :D I avoided reading the book of Job for the same reason.

This is exactly what my mom told me when I was a kid. So I'd catch myself praying for patience, then realize what I'd done, & immediately start back-tracking: "No, no, no, God. Nevermind. I don't want patience!!!" :D I avoided reading the book of Job for the same reason.

My dh said the same thing. He said he was praying that we would be able to fix our "charming" (old) home.... yesterday we found out our roof is leaking, our gutter is about to fall off, our windows need to be changed.... etc....

He said "No, no, no, nevermind." :tongue_smilie:

Of course, he was kidding, but it's funny you said that.

another Quote:

Evan Almighty

[Rita voices her disbelieve in Evan's ark]

Rita: Look, I go to church every Sunday.

[Evan doesn't believe her]

Rita: Every "other" Sunday.

[Evan still doesn't believe her]

Rita: I've been to church!

We quote all the time, in our family. And right now, all I can think of is:

"Day ain't over yet."

I think I personally know every line of Holy Grail, Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest, Star Wars ep. 4, and Help! (the Beatles) It's possible that I quote Help! the most.

"That's all gab, disemboweling."

"No thanks, I'm rhythm guitar and mouth organ."

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!" The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Okay, I learned something new today. I thought this quote (in the form of, "We don't need no stinkin' badges") came from Blazing Saddles. We quote it all the time, as in, "we don't need no stinkin' forks, etc" Turns out, it's one of the most parodied movie moments in history. Here's a wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

We also quote the Holy Grail quite often, but our favorite, "What's he going to do? Nibble your bum???" about the attack bunnies hasn't been mentioned yet. I'm continually amazed at the situations my kids have been able to apply this one to.

Barb

Guest Lorna

Not quite a quote but 'The Galaxy Song' from Monty Python's 'The Meaning of Life' pops into my head rather frequently. I like it all the better because it begins 'Whenever life gets you down, Mrs Brown...'

Here it is.

It is the opposite of aedifying but somehow it is the song that always cheers me up!

Warning nihilistic content (I have always wanted to say that ;))

The Galaxy Song

So remember when your feeling very small and insecure

How amazingly unlikely is your birth

I just found out today that Harrison Ford bought this HUGE house/mansion in my town about 3 minutes from where I live. Calista Flockhart's parents live here in town and they come to visit now and then. I haven't seen them here yet, but many report they frequent the local theater when they are in town.

From The Big Lebowski:

Well, Dude, we just don't know.

You mark that frame an 8, and you're entering a world of pain.

You have got to buck up, man. You cannot drag this negative energy in to the tournament!

What in God's holy name are you blathering about?

From The Lonesome Dove series with Tommy Lee Jones:

You know how it works Jake, you ride with an outlaw, you die with an outlaw. I'm sorry you crossed the line.

-we say this to the boys

Let's go if we're goin'.

"Go sell crazy somewhere else; we're all filled up here."

"Good times, noodle salad!" No one ever gets it when I say that one, though.

We use both of these all the time. Dh, usually before getting smacked, often says, "How do I write women so well? I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability." To which I reply, after smacking him, "Why can't I just have a normal boyfriend?!" :D I much prefer it when he says, "You make me want to be a better man."

Also, when anyone leaves our house, all the kids yell, "Have fun stormin' the castle!"

Well it's not one I use but one I hear alot,

When I tell my ds who's going to be 9 in a month to clean his room because it's a mess, his reponse in his best yoda voice...

"Slimy, Mudhole, my home you speak of"

One of my favorites is from an old Cary Grant movie "Mr. Blanding's Builds his Dreamhouse"

When Mr. Casander says

"That'sa no rock, That'sa ledge"

When ever we're digging outside and hit something unexpected that's what my dh and I say to each other.