What's with the ads?

Photo

What kind of new dishwasher should I get?

dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 1GirlTwinBoys

1GirlTwinBoys

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Mine quit working tonight after 8 years. Any suggestions on what I should get?:)

#2 delaney

delaney

She who hates the word "panties"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3150 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

Honestly I would get a Kenmore or GE. I have heard over and over that Bosch is so not worth the price and we have a Maytag and while I like it I am sure it is not worth it. We were desperate for something in stock locally.

#3 Ellie

Ellie

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22583 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:30 PM

Whirlpool.

I have a medium-priced Whirlpool. I will always have one. It holds a truckload of dishes, far more than my dd's Bosch. This one is almost 6 years old and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I had one in California for over 10 years; it's probably still working great for the new owners. :-)

Oh, and you should find a local Amway distributor. I've never had to clean out my dishwasher, and my dishes are always spotless. Yes, even though it's phosphate-free.

#4 ChrissySC

ChrissySC

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3276 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:59 PM

Whirlpool.

I have a medium-priced Whirlpool. I will always have one. It holds a truckload of dishes, far more than my dd's Bosch. This one is almost 6 years old and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I had one in California for over 10 years; it's probably still working great for the new owners. :-)

:iagree:

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator, frontload washer and dryer. I love them. The pump is a little small on the frontload, but it would help if I didn't keep trying to wash rocks and debit cards. That should say something. Darn sucker is still kicking!

#5 1GirlTwinBoys

1GirlTwinBoys

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1493 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

Mine that broke is a Whirlpool. We never had any problems until now. We run it 1-2 times every day so that's pretty good for 8 years. Guess it's another Whirlpool for us.

#6 ManagerMom

ManagerMom

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher and Fridge..love both!

#7 lovetobehome

lovetobehome

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3547 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

I just posted a thread on this a couple weeks ago! Here it is. http://www.welltrain...ad.php?t=215300
I was going to get a KitchenAid, but I ended up with a Whirpool from www.appliancesconnection.com for about $320 after sale, rebate, and free shipping.
Consumer Reports says the stainless interior is a waste of money, so I decided not to get that.
Here is the one I got.... http://www.appliance...du1300xtvq.html
Best Buy had almost the same price, but this one delivered for free.
I saw in the paper this AM that Sears has setup on a new DW is only $20 right now, so that is something else to look into!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dishwasher

What's with the ads?