Menu

OK---this is different!

Shock! I woke up this morning and automatically checked TWTM boards, and it's sooooo different! I guess I'll get used to it, but I miss the old format already, where I can browse through and at a glance see everyone's topics of concern (and the answers) for that day!

Hmmmmm....I'll have to think on this one!

:confused:

It takes awhile, including some time to read up on the tips. I like it better now than I did at first, but it does seem to load slower for me and I miss being able to see all post headers at once. Here are some tips that have helped me:

When on the main board, hold your cursor over the thread heading and you will see the first sentence or two of the post. That is helping me decide if I want to take the time to open the thread or not.

Go to CP (control panel) and set display options as hybrid. When I click on a thread, this gives me a threaded version at the top of the page and all of the individual posts underneath. Makes it a little more like the old board (with the advantage of not having to click on each post to open it, as the whole thread is there).

To keep threads more like what they are, use the "quick reply" to reply to an individual post in a thread. If you scroll all the way down and use the regular reply, it adds your reply to the last post in the thread (I think). Anyway, quick reply forms the thread the way the old boards did. (Quick reply is the icon with a feather to the far right of "quote", on the bottom right side of each individual post.)

I sent a pm (personal message) to myself to test the system. I really like the PM system because I can share private emails with someone without posting my email address on the forum for any/all to use. PM allows you to store up to 50 messages total at a time (has one folder for inmail, and one for sent mail). Very easy to use.

HTH some! There are still lots of things here left for me to figure out.....

Are you all finding it harder to read as many posts as the old way. Maybe it's just me, but I find all the posts overwhelming. The old way, it was easy to see at a glance what the questions were and the general responses. With the paging in this new system, I just don't have the time to read everyone's responses...especially if there are 10 or more pages to go through. Is there a quicker way of see the one line responses without paging?