Menu

Do I have the right Lials book?

I think I do have the right Lials book, but there is just this one odd thing. The problems that you do on the side for practice have the answers to them, is this normal?

Also, should the Lial book already be teaching me how to do exponents and things of that sort? I mean I am only on chapter one and I am already on it! That's what kind of shocked me, I mean I do know that this is a college textbook, but wow! But the thing I like about the book so far is that the explanations are so clear, it isn't hard at all.

Idk if I have the TE or the SE, just let me know if I do!

If it were a TE then it would say so clearly on the cover.

The practice problems within the lesson will have the answers in tiny print at the bottom of the page. The answers to the ODD homework problems (and all review, chapter review, summary and tests) are in the back.

Since you have practice problems in the side bars, I assume you have a paperback text.

What is the title of your text--and what isbn number is it (located on back cover)?

Basic exponents are covered in the Lial Pre-Algebra texts (including BCM). The Introductory Algebra will have a review in the first chapter of Pre-Algebra concepts.

While this program was developed for community college use the Introductory and Intermediate Algebra texts DO NOT CONTAIN COLLEGE LEVEL MATERIAL... in other words--the format is a bit more mature (no cute puppy pictures or social studies lessons)--but the concepts and the teaching is still high school level.

If it were a TE then it would say so clearly on the cover.

The practice problems within the lesson will have the answers in tiny print at the bottom of the page. The answers to the ODD homework problems (and all review, chapter review, summary and tests) are in the back.

Since you have practice problems in the side bars, I assume you have a paperback text.

What is the title of your text--and what isbn number is it (located on back cover)?

Basic exponents are covered in the Lial Pre-Algebra texts (including BCM). The Introductory Algebra will have a review in the first chapter of Pre-Algebra concepts.

While this program was developed for community college use the Introductory and Intermediate Algebra texts DO NOT CONTAIN COLLEGE LEVEL MATERIAL... in other words--the format is a bit more mature (no cute puppy pictures or social studies lessons)--but the concepts and the teaching is still high school level.

I have the right book!! Thanks so much for your help. This text does not baby you and I like the challenge of it, but it explains things so clearly that even my 13 yr old sister could do this, and she struggles in math. That I think is a good thing, and I am glad that you cleared this up for me, thanks again for the help.