Menu

My introduction

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am new -- really new!! -- to homeschooling. I pulled my DS10 out of school right before spring break of this year, and we are planning to stick with this through middle school, possibly beyond... but, right now, I'm just taking it one year at a time.

:001_smile:

I am under the Wall Highway Christian Academy cover.

My son is a 4th grader.

I also have a child in college already, and one in high school, who does not want to have anything to do with homeschooling, although I would LOVE to homeschool her, as well. Oh, well ... Maybe I'll win her over this summer. (Not likely, but hope springs eternal.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Your high school daughter has had the advantage of studying,

competing and enjoying school mates for years. It would be cruel to

home school her at this stage in her life, or to give her a guilt trip by

encouraging her to do something where there is no apparent reason for doing so.

Let her enjoy her teen years with long time friends, not some group of

possibly over sheltered new friends because of your desires.

• 2 months later...

Me feels moreschool is a troll..funny how they have only posted 4x and it's usually about harms of homeschooling...hmmm...so ignore that..I would actually not hesitate one second to bring my high schooler out..I would take the time and travel and do loads of hands on community service projects or loads of fun stuff...

welcome and I hope that this first year is going well for you!

Hi everyone,

I am new -- really new!! -- to homeschooling. I pulled my DS10 out of school right before spring break of this year, and we are planning to stick with this through middle school, possibly beyond... but, right now, I'm just taking it one year at a time.

One-year-at-a-time is a great mindset to take, particularly the first year, as you iron out the wrinkles and find your groove.

We're homeschooling three, with two littles in tow. This is our sixth year, and it's a wonderful lifestyle.

I know you're a little far North of us, so you may not be interested or able, but I've been taking the kids on journaling outings on Wednesdays - either at the Wildlife Refuge or into Decatur. This last week, we spent a couple hours at Cook's Science Museum and then headed out for a picnic. If you're ever up for joining us, please feel free. I'll try to post more about when we're heading somewhere. :)