What's with the ads?

Photo

Suppes logic - order?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

What's with the ads?

#1 patchfire

patchfire

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1860 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:33 PM

So, a few months ago, I saw a recommendation somewhere (though I think it was on this board) for Patrick Suppes' logic texts. I bought Introduction to Logic & First Course in Mathematical Logic. The only problem I have is... I'm not sure in what order they should be done. "First" and "Introduction" both sort of imply they hold a place of primacy, and I haven't discerned the answer from studying the TOC.

Does anyone know in which order these should be done? If not a should, a recommendation of 'would?' TIA :)

#2 Shawna in Texas

Shawna in Texas

Sodamistic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1206 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

So, a few months ago, I saw a recommendation somewhere (though I think it was on this board) for Patrick Suppes' logic texts. I bought Introduction to Logic & First Course in Mathematical Logic. The only problem I have is... I'm not sure in what order they should be done. "First" and "Introduction" both sort of imply they hold a place of primacy, and I haven't discerned the answer from studying the TOC.

Does anyone know in which order these should be done? If not a should, a recommendation of 'would?' TIA :)

I'll be paying attention to see what answers you get.

I have Mathematical Logic in my 7th grade Amazon folder and Intro Logic in 9th grade. I must have read somewhere that the one was easier (or harder) than the other, or they would be in the same wishlist, with a note about researching further. It's been a while, though, because I don't remember when I put them in their lists.

What's with the ads?