Menu

Transcript/recommendation letters

So, I have a transcript/recommendation letters question.

Before I left school I got 3 recommendations from 3 different teachers.

One was my current (at the time) English teacher, the other was my 9th grade English teacher, and the last was my Video teacher. My current English teacher talked about my academic skills, my 9th grade English teacher talked about me academically but with more of an extracurricular twist (saying all the things I've done with my life outside of school) and my Video teacher talked mainly about my leadership skills and being the youngest director of the morning show and such. He also mentioned academics as I spoke of my future plans with him but his letter was more pride filled than teacher-ly.

I am just wondering, are recommendations from 3 teachers alright, or should I get an outside rec. also? I know getting another rec. wouldn't hurt anything, but is it absolutely necessary? I figure my Video teacher's rec. could be counted as extra-curricular since it was an elective class.

I volunteer at an animal shelter but our car broke down about 2 months ago so I haven't been able to volunteer. I would feel awful walking in there and asking for a rec., even when I do go back and am there for a while. I don't want the woman to feel used, she is very sweet. She doesn't work with me either, she is the Volunteer Coordinator so she hears reports but I never see her unless I have a specific meeting with her.

Oh, and the transcript part of the question: Do I send the recommendations in with the transcript, course descriptions, reading lists, etc. or do I send them in with the app.? Do I send the transcript and all in with the app.? I plan on doing applications online so do I send the transcript after I fill out the app.?

This is more than a year away, just looking to the future at the moment.

You have three great recommendations already! The one from your video teacher is especially powerful. I'd recommend losing the feeling that you'd be using anyone by asking the animal shelter for a recommendation!!! I'm sure that they more than understand your transportation problems and are missing you there. I would call and speak with your supervisor and tell her how badly you feel about not being able to get there, but would love a letter of recommendation for colleges. Tell her you'll be back once you have the car available and miss being there. I'll bet you get a wonderful letter! It's also a good idea to ask them to document - on a separate letterhead - the hours you have worked as you may need this too.

You have three great recommendations already! The one from your video teacher is especially powerful. I'd recommend losing the feeling that you'd be using anyone by asking the animal shelter for a recommendation!!! I'm sure that they more than understand your transportation problems and are missing you there. I would call and speak with your supervisor and tell her how badly you feel about not being able to get there' date=' but would love a letter of recommendation for colleges. Tell her you'll be back once you have the car available and miss being there. I'll bet you get a wonderful letter! It's also a good idea to ask them to document - on a separate letterhead - the hours you have worked as you may need this too.[/quote']

Thanks!

Yeah, we have a computer that we log into and log out with and it tracks our hours. They track our hours to know when we get our shirts, and official badges, and stuff. I'm sure they can print it for me.