Menu

Here is a link to an eagle's nest in Port St. Lucie, Florida

Is this something that you can actually go and see? I mean are the birds living in a nest accessable to the public? We live down in south FL and would make a trip to do some bird watching. We enjoy wildlife. About two weeks ago we got to see 3 manatees up close in Biscayne National Park in Homestead.

Thanks for share the website

Is this something that you can actually go and see? I mean are the birds living in a nest accessable to the public? We live down in south FL and would make a trip to do some bird watching. We enjoy wildlife. About two weeks ago we got to see 3 manatees up close in Biscayne National Park in Homestead.

Thanks for share the website

I don't think you would want to go see them in person!!

My mom used to be a small time, part time, photographer. Her work was mostly sold in state park gift shops. She took most of her nature and wildlife photos at Land Between the Lakes. Eagles were her favorite. I went eagle hunting with her a couple of times and her husband went eagle hunting with her a couple of times, but mostly she went by herself.

She had found an eagle nest when it was not nesting time, so the nest was empty. She waited until nesting time and went back to the spot and the eagles had indeed returned to their nest for another season. She obviously could not see into it, but she saw it as an opportunity to get good photos of the parents.

Um, eagles do not like it when you get near their nest. These birds started chasing my mom and diving toward her. There is my mom, by herself out nowhere, being chased by dive bombing eagles! It was wild. :eek:

She NEVER did that again.