Menu

Finally. Made. It. Back. (*gasp!!...cough!!*)

Hi gang!!

A week off the boards. I think that might be the longest stint ever for me, so consider me fully cleansed and ready to do battle again. I had issues (well, we knew that already, didn't we?) with my ISP data not allowing me to get here. Darling Heather was my maid in shining armor and rescued me. Hope I can still be part of the group.:o

It's a pity that my morning schedule is so full that I have no time to hang out here and catch up. I have skimmed the boards, but, as you've all noted, it's not as easy as it once was to pick up on the lives here. So, if I'm missed anything really significant (don't ask me how you're supposed to define "significant" let alone "really"), please fill me in.

We're still tocking along here. Our first homeschool review of the term is at 11:00 this morning. Then, we hopefully go and pick up our poor kitty who had to spend last night at the vet -- apparent infection from a bite wound. The wound wasn't infected, but kitty's temps were so high the vet said she should keep the cat for observation overnight. Poor thing is terrified of new people and places. I'm sure last night was awful for her.

I do have a question regarding kitty (Nutmeg). Vet says we should give her a rabies booster, even though she's not another rabies vaccine for another 2 years. It is protocol for a bite from an unknown source. We're sure it was one of our neighborhood cats, but we can't be sure of that cat's history, kwim? WWYD?

Must dash. Avatars and such will just have to wait.

Cheers,

Doran

It's good to see you posting again.:D

Sorry about your kitty. It's scary when they're sick--ours fell out of our second story window and we couldn't sleep that night because of worrying about him.

I would say if the vet recommends it, I would give the shot. You wouldn't want anything like rabies.

Let us know how things went! Welcome back!

Glad you finally made it! Obviously this change was major for you!

I hope your kitty heals fine. If she has already had a rabies shot, she is immune, giving her more immunity is impossible, redundant, and probably unsafe. I would give kitty the least stressful environment so that she can let her body do the healing, love her to purring constantly, and she'll bounce back.

But since you were not here for a week, we went ahead and voted you off the island.:D

Meanie! I'll remember that. Neener-neener-neener

Thanks for the warm welcome (well...everyone but what's her face up there! :p) Homeschool review went swimmingly. Kitty is home with a normal temperature, though when I spoke with the vet this morning, I was told it hit 107° (normal=102°) before it started to come down last night. It was still elevated this morning, but by the time we finished our hs review and lunch, it had dropped to normal. I'm so glad we took the cat in. It's not particularly typical of me to run to the vet on the first sign of trouble, but we might've been in a real predicament if we'd waited even another day.

The vets still can't figure out why there would be such a significant fever when there was no sign of surface infection. The bite wound was clearly visible and not at all infected - not like those goo fill abcesses that indoor/outdoor cats are so good at getting. (Yum-O!) Just four little holes, one slightly larger than the rest, which were left from the attacker's canine teeth. It appears as though the infection was somehow systemic, which is puzzling and scary. Sure wish I knew which neighborhood cat inflicted the injury. I dare say it might be making a special trip to the Humane Society.:mad:

Doran

p.s. Kelli...yur just jealous cuz I know how to make more typos than you. That first post of mine today?? Good grief! Oh, and you know I luv you, girl.

Oh, and I have a new name, if you haven't noticed.....

Jennifer....JENNIFER GOODWITCH?? Is that you? I must admit, it took me a few seconds to make the connection. I...I...er...don't get it. If it has to do with the t.v. show, that's why. Never watch it. But, LOST? Shall I go look for you?

Doran

Jennifer....JENNIFER GOODWITCH?? Is that you? I must admit, it took me a few seconds to make the connection. I...I...er...don't get it. If it has to do with the t.v. show, that's why. Never watch it. But, LOST? Shall I go look for you?

Doran

Yeah, go look. There's a whole thought-provoking thread. Right up your (and my) alley.

All is right with the world now! I am so happy to "see" you. I was feeling like a lost puppy for a little bit there. Alas, now the boards can really start up again. free-jumping-smileys-606.gif

Um. Janna? You've grown bouncier since we last saw each other. Must be that bundle in front of you!

Happy to be back -- thanks for all the smiles.

D~