Menu

eBay sellers... Questions for you

I am setting up a new eBay account to be used primarily for selling my father's books (he was a book collector). I'm an experienced eBay seller but it's been over 3 years since I was actively selling anything on eBay. Seeing as I'm feeling a bit out of touch, maybe those of you who have more recent experience can help me get up and running.

Should I state anything anywhere about being an experienced eBay seller? I have almost 1000 feedback on my old eBay account but my ex claimed the account when we got divorced. I'm not sure if I should say anything about that account (which is still in good standing). My latest feedback as a seller was in 2007 (though apparently my ex used the account to buy a couple of things in 2009). How would I go about saying that, if you think I should?

Return policies... I never had to have one before but now eBay makes you state what your return policy is. And a couple of friends who sell on eBay say that they state they take returns but have never actually been asked to have an item returned to them. I mail pretty much everything with Delivery Confirmation but I have 2 negative feedbacks from people who claimed their items were lost in the mail (1 showed that the item was delivered, the other didn't). I'm kind of scared that if I state I take returns, people will claim they never received their items just to get their money back (has happened to me several times on Amazon). Plus I don't want to refund money just because the buyer changed his/her mind (again, I've had this happen on Amazon... buyer watches the dvd then claims the disc was bad). I'm not sure about items lost or damaged during shipping (again, experience here though that was on eBay - Can 2 boxes (box within a box) have no damage to them but the inside item get broken when it's a virtually unbreakable (flexible plastic) toy?

Any thoughts? Any advice?

Thanks,

Sue

Regarding the return policy, you have to put something in the box, but you don't have to accept returns. In other words, your policy could be, "All sales final. No returns accepted."

Not sure what to tell you about the feedback....

Maybe you could put somewhere in the listing that you had great feedback under a different seller name, and if this is a concern, they can send you a message and you will explain???? I don't know...

If you create a new seller ID after having one before, ebay will link the two so that people can see your old feedback.... but if that one is still in use, I don't see how you could do that... :confused: