Menu

NCAA Eligibility

Has anyone helped their child navigate NCAA eligibility as a homeschooled high schooler? Our 7th grader is hoping to fence at a Div I school during college, so we are starting to look into core course requirements and such.

What curriculum(s) did you use that provided eligibility for your students?

Any other tips or suggestions for learning about and navigating this process? This is all new to me and a bit daunting. :tongue_smilie:

Thanks!

Here's an old thread that covered a lot.

If you click on the 'ncaa' tag at the bottom of this thread, you'll see a few others.

I've called and talked to the homeschool office at the NCAA a few times. From reading through the homeschool links at the bottom of this page, I get the impression that they would like to see high school level textbooks in the core courses. I have double checked with them about our classes that do not use a textbook. The fact that we have a few courses without high school level textbooks frightens me, but I'm trying to relax. Here, hs'ed students can dual enroll at the local college. I'm hoping that that will ease their minds (along with ACT/SAT scores) as to the 'validity' of our homeschool.

Also, we won't have Bev's problem because ds can play for the local public high school while he takes classes at the CC.

HTH!

Here, hs'ed students can dual enroll at the local college. I'm hoping that that will ease their minds (along with ACT/SAT scores) as to the 'validity' of our homeschool.

Dd#1 (who is the only dc I've NCAA'd) was completely dual enrolled her last 3 yrs of hs. The homeschool guy @ NCAA was very helpful. I just had to make sure I had the correct number of classes in each category.

Our only "problem" was that she had CLEP'ed Intro to Sociology & NCAA does not accept test for credit. She'd done ACE/Paces US History (hs level) in 8th so that was acceptable.