Menu

SAT Accommodations ??

If anyone has gone through this process and would like to share their experiences, please post here, or pm me if you prefer to keep in private.

I'm just getting started on thinking about this and the college board website overwhelmed me and left me feeling defeated. :confused1:

Thank you!

:bigear:

We are postponing the inevitable here. People keep on telling me how terrible the process is, but until the College Board decides that wearing an insulin pump doesn't require special accommodations, we will need to jump through the necessary hoops.

Next spring the fun will begin.....

<sympathy hug>

This is interesting. I wonder what kinds of accommodations they provide for low vision. Has anyone gotten accommodations for vision?

What's interesting to me is that on the forms you have to be very specific (vision is one of the choices from what I remember), so what do you do if no one knows specifically what the LD is?

What I couldn't seem to find (yet I know exists in 'regular' middle and high school classroom pull out programs) is when the kid doesn't need extra TIME, they need to be ALONE. As in, they need to be able to verbally read the test, or wear earplugs, or sit in a cubicle so that they have no distractions, etc.

None of those things specifically fall under ADHD or ASD, they are more 'umbrella' type problems.

I guess I just have to ask a psychologist.

a

ps - what really ticks me off is that, if your kid takes the SAT with accommodations, it is noted on their score.

what really ticks me off is that, if your kid takes the SAT with accommodations, it is noted on their score.

Please call the College Board for confirmation of this. I spent hours last spring on the phone with the CB discussing accommodations for type 1 diabetics (use of insulin pump, blood testing in between sections, etc.) and was told that the student's SAT score will NOT say that the student was tested with accommodations.

This used to be the case, but it is no longer true, thanks to the climate created by the ADA laws. I have ds' score reports to prove it. :)

That's great to hear. My info was from a few years ago, and I wasn't aware it had changed. It is hard to keep up with College Board. It is as if they like to be deliberately vague.

a