Menu

Anyone have the teacher's edition of World History: the Human Odyssey by Spielvogel?

http://www.wadsworth.com/cgi-wadsworth/course_products_wp.pl?fid=M20b&product_isbn_issn=0534646026&discipline_number=21

These are games associated with Spielvogel's Western Civ book, but they might interest others as well.

Thanks. We have another CENGAGE text that is an AP World history text: Traditions and Encounters by Bentley. The games, chapter outlines, multiple choice quizes, etc. are very useful and as you said, could benefit anyone studying world history even if not using that text. (My kiddos are younger; we'll be using Bentley again when they're in high school)

Anna,

In the review section, does it have answers just to the factual questions, or does it have possible answers to the "Thinking Critically" and "Making Time and Place Connections" sections?

I'm not Anna, but I'll try. There are suggested answers to the Thinking Critically and Making Time and Place Connections sections in the chapter review I randomly opened to. However, I remember when I used the book there were times that it said, "student answers will vary," and I was disappointed. :D I can't remember exactly what those questions were.

Does this help?

I'm not Anna, but I'll try. There are suggested answers to the Thinking Critically and Making Time and Place Connections sections in the chapter review I randomly opened to. However, I remember when I used the book there were times that it said, "student answers will vary," and I was disappointed. :D I can't remember exactly what those questions were.

Does this help?

Yes. Thanks! I, too, appreciate at least some suggested direction on thinking type questions because with me and 2 kids who grew up in my home, our thinking may be too much the same and I appreciate some other possible suggestions! I'm glad at least some of those kinds of questions have some answers!

Anna,

In the review section, does it have answers just to the factual questions, or does it have possible answers to the "Thinking Critically" and "Making Time and Place Connections" sections?

In the Section Reviews, most of the answers to the “Think Critically†questions state “Answers will vary.†The rest of the Section Review has answers to questions for Define, Identify and Recall questions.

Chapter Review include:

-Using key terms

-Reviewing the facts

-Thinking critically

-Applying social studies skills

-Making time and place connections

-Becoming an historian

For the most part, Chapter Review questions have answers given in the Teacher’s Wraparound Edition.